Terms & Conditions

I’m keeping my terms and conditions to a minimum because, ultimately, I want you to be delighted with every transaction and every contact you have with me – whatever the issue, I’ll work with you to ensure you go away happy rather than haggle over the small print. However, for the sake of clarity, here are a few things to note


I personally guarantee that my original drawings/paintings will last for many years to come provided that they are cared for properly. I use nothing but the highest grade archival materials in creating my artwork; using lightfast pencils conforming to ASTM D-6901 international lightfast certification and acid-free archival paper, both of which ensure that every drawing is ready to withstand the ages. 

A portrait is more than just capturing a likeness. A portrait is a unique blend of appearance, personality and the artist’s vision. I will do my utmost to deliver a pleasing portrait that captures both likeness and personality.


The artist retains full copyright on all artwork that is produced, including mock-ups and prints, and your provided photos for a commissioned artwork have been licensed by you to me for the derivative work.

This means I can create prints using a photographic representation of the artwork created. When a portrait is commissioned I reserve the right to display the image of it in my website gallery, to enter competitions and post on my social media pages. Clients who do not wish their commissioned portrait to be shown online must notify me before work commences.


I accept payment by Paypal, however other means are available eg. credit cards etc. Full payment must be received before any artwork is shipped to you. 

The Commission fee will be collected in 2 payments. A Booking payment (30% of total) is required to secure a place in my schedule. The remaining Final payment (70% of total) should be paid after the artwork is finished and approved by you. I will send you a photo of the drawing to ensure you are totally happy with what I have created before accepting final payment.

Online payments take place on PayPal servers and I never see or store any of your payment details.

The artist reserves the right to sell on the original artwork if Final payment has not been received within 30 days, or if artwork is cancelled/returned.


All orders are shipped securely with a tracking number to the address you provide. If the item is a gift, it can be shipped directly to the recipient. 

I personally guarantee that my drawings/prints will be packaged sufficiently enough so that damage is prevented as best as it can be during transit. I package all my original work myself with acid-free plastic wrap and protected with cardboard. I have shipped many works over the years and have yet to see any issues.

Return & Cancellation policy

I want you to be absolutely delighted with your purchase so, if you are not completely satisfied for any reason whatsoever, just get in touch and we’ll resolve it.

For commissions, I will be in touch throughout the process, so we’ll have plenty of opportunity to make corrections. I will only dispatch your work when you’re completely happy and after you approve it. 

If you change your mind and cancel a Commission booking within 7 days from the Order confirmation, the 30% Booking payment will be full refunded. After 7 days from the Order confirmation the 30% Booking payment is no longer refundable and will be retained to cover loss of business (i.e. cost of materials and the time that has been specifically booked to work on/complete the artwork, being unavailable to another client). On receiving an approved portrait, you have 7 days to contact me for returns. You will cover the return shipping charges for recorded delivery, and Final fee will be full refunded after artwork has been received.

For prints, or any other item from my shop, you can cancel and return your order within 30 days of receiving it for a full refund, The item must be unused and complete with its original packaging, and returned via recorded delivery. 

You agree that proof of delivery supplied by the delivery couriers is evidence that your work has been received. 

Changes Of Finished Portrait

On receiving an approved portrait, you have 7 days to contact me about any required changes. If the portrait needs returning for alterations you will cover the return shipping charges.

Prints and images of artwork

Whilst every care has been taken to assure accuracy for print and photographic representation of the original artwork, I cannot guarantee a 100% matching in likeness due to scanning settings and individual monitor/screen settings. 

Import Duty

Payment of import duty may be liable in some countries, which is the sole responsibility of the client.